Cavities for second harmonic generation
Agile Optic's SHG cavities address a broad spectrum:
We offer resonant enhancement cavities for second harmonic generation for all purposes:
- You need a new cavity for SHG from IR to VIS or VIS to UV?
→ Please have a look at our standard or custom cavities.
- You are interested in a plug and play solution with all required optics and optomechanics for incoupling and length stabilization already installed?
→ We offer the suitable solution.
- Your free-space cavity is very sensitive to vibrations, acoustics, airflows, and temperature changes?
→ Agile optic offers a cavity that accepts you costly existing cavity mirrors.
Common features of our cavities:
- All optomechanics are integrated into a monolithic frame, which makes our cavities mechanically more robust than conventional free-space setups on breadboards. The housing comes with sealed windows and a lid and therefore protects the crystal from adsorbands and moisture.
- The mirrors and the crystal holder are accessible with high-precision fine-threaded screws from outside the housing.
- The crystal holder is equipped with a temperature sensor and a heating element to suppress condensation on the crystal facets and/or to achieve phase matching.
- Length-stabilization is achieved by mounting one of the mirrors on an piezoelectric actuator.
- One of the windows transmits a fraction of the circulating fundamental light for diagnostic purposes.
- The housing comes with connectors for gas purging to maintain a clean environment around the crystal, which is crucial for application in the UV.
- All housings can be mounted directly on 25 cm and 1 inch thread-spaced optical tables and breadboards.
IR to VIS standard cavity.
Application examples: SHG of 794 nm, 986 nm, 1064 nm, 1156 nm, or 1550 nm pump light.
Suitable for AR-coated PPLN and LBO crystals.
Compact dimensions due to 50 mm ROC mirrors.
VIS to UV standard cavity.
Application examples: SHG of 461 nm, 532 nm, or 560 nm pump light.
Suitable for Brewster-cut BBO or CLBO crystals.
Compact dimensions due to 50 mm ROC mirrors
We develop and build cavities for special demands, for instance large resonators with large beam waists for high-power applications.
Plug and play systems:
- We integrate the cavity plus all optomechanics and optics for incoupling and length-stabilization in a rigid box.
- We also add photodetectors to record an error signal and monitor the fundamental and SHG power.